View Single Post
Old 31 October 2023, 12:18 AM   #4
Driver8
"TRF" Member

To me watches aren’t life or death, and if you don’t like a particular piece at any point in time, then I say ship it on. I genuinely don’t see the point of hanging on to stuff just in case you end up liking it again. It’s like keeping a pair of 32” waist jeans and hoping one day you’ll fit in them again!

I’ve bought and sold hundreds of watches over the years - not as a money-making thing; just because of changing/evolving tastes over time. That includes a number Rolexes including a 16610LV, an SD43 and a 116660 DSSD, and I’ve regretted none of it. (OK so I occasionally have a slight regret I sold by 16610LV for £3,500 when they’re now going for £15k, but that would’ve meant holding on to a piece I no longer wore or particularly liked for about 15 years. No thanks!).

Watches are an interest/hobby to me and that means it should be enjoyable. If ever I find I’m not enjoying a piece any more, off it goes. To be honest that’s worked pretty well for me as it’s meant I’ve tried loads of different watches by different brands, so I’ve honed down what I really like, and as a result my collection has been pretty stable for a long time now.