View Single Post
Old 6 November 2023, 02:21 AM   #15
Mach
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea View Post
This forum is doing a number on me…. in particular, these two pieces. Had my eyes set on a rose gold white dial day date 40, but strongly, considering picking up one of these in the interim.

Obviously, both extremely well-made and I’m guessing on par from a quality and movement standpoint.

Anyone have variations of both?
Please keep in mind that I’m biased, Mike! I love how this Monte Rosa pink dial can change depending on the lighting conditions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Something I've been thinking about with nice pics of the XPS. Can anyone explain if the lug to lug wear similarly or how they compare to a regular alpine eagle? Thanks.
They are practically identical in lug-to-lug length:

The case thickness on the AE XPS decreases by 1.5mm (8.2mm vs 9.7mm):

IMHO It’s also more refined with a thinner bezel / wider dial:

From certain angles, the bezel on the standard AE appears to be ‘squeezed’ at the 12 and 6 o’clock positions:

You have the added benefit of the push-button butterfly clasp:

Finally, the stunning L.U.C 96.40-L:

I’ve tried on the Overseas multiple times when they were readily available in display cases. I absolutely love this blue dial!

The one thing to keep in mind is that this generation was announced in January 2016. I have no ‘intel,’ but these are long overdue for an update. I would not be surprised if we see an update next year! I would hope the next generation will be slightly smaller and thinner, like that platinum grey dial from 2016! Perhaps, they will be readily available once again! Then again, we may not like the updates!

Good luck with your decision, Mike!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote