View Single Post
Old 18 December 2023, 03:29 PM   #3
Manlodan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamaster 168.024
Surprising fake Tudor that sold on Yahoo! Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
These happen everyday - and in the spirit of communication, we avoid such obvious fakes.

It’s a nuanced point and I’m only sharing since new members don’t always have time to read all the stickies…

Not wanting to dampen your spirit - the super fakes on eBay will give potential buyers more useful warnings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I see.. to be honest, when I first was first searching for these watches, I bookmarked it and followed it for a while, not realizing it was a fake. I had never seen one in person before, so I really didn’t know. In the last day of listing, I started looking at it more closely in direct comparison to other watches to be safe, and that’s when I realized it was fake.. I have a little more experience than some, but I’d still consider myself a newbie, so I thought it might be useful for others to see. I totally understand where you’re coming from though, it probably is obvious to most.
That said, I wouldn’t have even posted it if it hadn’t sold- hopefully not to one of the forum members [emoji50]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk