Thread: Norqain?
View Single Post
Old 21 December 2023, 02:49 AM   #21
Phlippe
2024 Pledge Member

I happen to see the line the other day. The SA tried to tell me how it’s a in-house movement, it’s a Kenissi with Norquain on the rotor. The brand is very proud of the name as NORQUAIN is plastered on the case opposite side of the of the crown in the same spot Blancpain likes to plaster theirs. Where Blancpain is in the case Norquain sticks out like a pimple. The designs are Mem homologations from others with nothing original standing out. Prices all seemed $2,000-$3,000 over priced for what you’re getting. I tried to figure out who they viewed their competition and given the price point Tudor and Omega came to mind. Tudors are much higher fit and finish with cheaper costs. They reminded me most of Omega, at least Norquain bracelets are nicer than Omega. What justifies the costs I don’t see, it would make a good entry level sports watch in the Hamilton price range. The cases where not refined in there design, feeling to chunky on my wrist, the brand name was plastered on the case making it look garish. I was told the power reserve was only 40 hours not 70, for the prices they charge it should be 70. The watches could be so someone jam but not mine. I was shocked at how expensive they where for the fit, finish and wrist feel. To each their own, I hope I’m completely wrong and the brand does well and takes off.
Phlippe is offline   Reply With Quote