padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
Thank you for tidying that up Peter

I thought the test was about 2 weeks straight
It's a funny number with it being 15 days
I do wonder how they came up with the sequence of the test.
The positional variation is pretty much a given, but the duration and temp variations(which sort of make sense) could've been any combination?
Yes its only the bare uncased movement that sent to the COSC for testing not even dial hands or winding rotor are on movement.And for movements of Rolex size its costs around $140 plus for each movement test.But as Rolex is the biggest tester they and have there own machine to test the vast amount of movements expect they get a much better deal.And its a good job some of todays Rolex owners cannot see how the movements are tested at the Swiss COSC,on the 15 day environment controlled test they only tests movements at their barest functional level.And all the bare uncased movements are machine wound hundreds at a time by the winding stem.All automatic watches have there winding rotors removed,because the machine that winds them that fast it would damage the highly geared automatic winding mechanism.Even the dial and hands are removed special ones are fitted at COSC test centre. Movements are checked every 24 hours by electronic camera linked to central computer. These bare movements are loaded into magazines like bullets,the machine extracts the movement, reads it, winds it and returns it to the magazine,and some guys worry about winding there watch manually.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote