View Single Post
Old 18 January 2024, 05:36 PM   #7
frankflapjack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elau1958 View Post
I don't wear my Sub that much and therefore I have to set the date and time each time I take it out of the safe. Is it me being paranoid? I find it difficult pulling the crown out each time, so afraid I will pull the whole stem out. None of my other watch has that much resistance. Is it normal or should I send it in for service?
And to be asking an obvious question - you're unscrewing the crown, right? e.g. turning the crown counterclockwise as you face it? Because if you don't unscrew the crown, then yeah, you're going to have a REALLY hard time pulling on the crown stem.

Beyond that, I agree with the other suggestions here - wiggle the crown a bit back and forth (clockwise and counterclockwise) perhaps until it "pops" out a bit more from the case - that should be position 1 for manual winding.

Tug a bit more on the crown stem for position 2 (date adjustment) and then again a bit more for position 3 (for time adjustment).

If you have unscrewed the crown stem to position 1 and still have a hard time pulling/tugging it further, then I would suggest a trip to your AD or sending your Sub to RSC for service.

Frank
frankflapjack is offline   Reply With Quote