View Single Post
Old 19 January 2024, 07:19 AM   #131
Cr_Zeek
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
I have been reviewing the detailed pics which are coming out of the new DSOTM and I believe I may have been excessively harsh in my judgement and critique of Omega.

The details on the dial and the Saturn V are outstanding and even though I have handled the first DSOTM. It hadn't occurred to me to look beyond the Ceramic case and everything else about it to observe the craftmanship.
To that, perhaps the new one is completely revised from the previous version and they've ratcheted up their workmanship to justify the price increase?
Who knows.
Maybe the detail on the dial is a faithful reproduction of the actual lunar surface. The detail of the Saturn V rocket alone is commendable

That's what happens when one sleeps on it.
One often wakes up to view things with a fresh set of eyes.
I didn't think much of this watch until I saw the high res pictures on a 4K display and read about the details.

Apparently the front of watch matches the side of the moon we see and the back side matches the dark side which Apollo 8 crew saw for the first time.

The Saturn rocket, newer movement and also thinner than its predecessor all count for signicant upgrades.

I think Omega has put a lot of work into this. Not sure if its 3K worth but I think one needs to hold IRL to be able to appreciate it.

I may actually be very interested in it. Its not a daily watch IMHO but its an intriguing watch especially in the over saturated moonwatch, seamaster, submariner, GMT II crowd.
Cr_Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote