View Single Post
Old 21 January 2024, 06:33 AM   #10
lok214
"TRF" Member

The other thing I noticed and gave me a red flag was the case back stamp, where I looked at about 15-20 1655 across chrono24, HQmilton and tropical watches, non of them has the Font for the "M" where the inner "V" touches the floor like the 2 sides of the "M". The "O" is a lot rounder, and the most significant is the "X" where Rolex font is 2 straight line crossing, where the "X" on this is almost )(.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablofields View Post
What makes it even more galling is this attempt at "educating" buyers about the nuances of 1655 dials! What's needed is more research and verifying, less faux educating:

"Here is a vintage Rolex Explorer II orange hand "Steve McQueen" from 1975. On these Explorer II watches, in the middle of their production period, the orange hand started becoming reddish in color, as is the case with this watch. This is a good example of a mid production 1655, from 1975, which illustrates how the dial changed: namely, the font changed from a "slab serif" to the serif style font shown in the pictures below, and the shape of the Rolex crown on the dial also changed to this more elongated version."

Yeah, right.
lok214 is offline   Reply With Quote