View Single Post
Old 25 January 2024, 03:40 PM   #1
PeterKelly
2024 Pledge Member

16570 new to me today

Picked up a G series 16570 today. The watch was made in 2010 but not sold till April 2012 which probably shows that they weren’t a hot item back then. It obviously has the 3186 movement, SEL and the engraved rehaut and might be amongst the last of this series made.

I am a 75 year old relic with skinny wrists (6.4inches on a good day and after a bowl of oatmeal….) so the 6 digit watches look like dinner plates on my wrist. 40 mm is a big as I can get away with.

I was planning on picking up a 5 digit Sub but figured that would be a bit redundant as I currently own both colors of the Tudor BB 58. I briefly considered a Yachtmaster 40 but I think it’s a bit too “blingy” for my taste. The 16570 fits the bill size size and is a tool watch which suits my retired lifestyle. The polar dial is an eye catcher so I decided on embarking on a quest for a late model version in good shape with B&P. It turned out to be quite challenging as there aren’t a whole lot available and I felt fortunate to come across this one.

I had it on the wrist for about 6 hours and all is good so far. I will post a follow up after a few days wear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9CA038C3-1DC1-4751-8E03-7206EECEEFFC.jpeg (94.8 KB, 772 views)
PeterKelly is offline   Reply With Quote