View Single Post
Old 30 January 2024, 08:34 AM   #4
boeingcreek
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts!

The sad truth is that it did not come off easily, I had popped off the bezel 5 or 6 times while trying to get the insert perfectly aligned and was getting cocky. I was using a watch case knife covered in a layer of electrical tape to do the job, and forgot to have my thumb pressing down on the crystal. The bezel moved away from the watch/created a gap at 5 but did not "pop" and stayed at an angle and I thought well that is odd, let me try from the 11 lug and that is what popped the entire thing out. Really kicking myself for being so careless as I had heard this can happen.

I guess I will continue to look for a local watchmaker to help me out, I have only heard back from one (the usual suspect for independent Rolex service in Seattle, and no knock on them for being cautious about liability here) so will look for someone else in the meantime. I do have a case press so thought about doing it myself (I am usually a very DIY guy) but am feeling gunshy about compounding my screwup if that makes sense.
boeingcreek is offline   Reply With Quote