View Single Post
Old 31 January 2024, 11:53 AM   #67
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: big fat invicta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patekfinder View Post
I was diving and wearing my couple months old basically brand new 136660 Deep Sea James Cameron… unfortunately at some point coming up on the ladder of the dive boat I hit the watch against some metal bolt on the ladder and it caused this huge dent which is quite deep.

Honestly I’m a little pissed that Rolex uses such soft steel, this should have been a scratch not a deep dent. I’m surrounded by steel in my life, on board, trucks, everywhere, and none of the industrial steel ever dents so easily.

Anyways, polishing will definitely not fix this as it is too deep. I think this would require welding/soldering of extra material to fill the dent and then polish down to make it smooth?

In all likelihood I won’t get this repaired and will wait 5 years until it’s servicing time to see how many other scratches and dents I get.

Any advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the only advice i can give, is to stop using an ice pick to trim your fingernails

seriously though, that doesn't look all that bad, and yeah, i've got my fair share of seiko divers (SLA053, SLA051 and SBDX017) as well, and those things can take a BEATING and barely show any damage.
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote