View Single Post
Old 6 February 2024, 01:27 PM   #22
painexpert
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo168 View Post
Thank you all for the quick response. I have attached the pic I took using my camera phone now...

I only have the watch for a week and wear it to the club this weekend once and I must have bump into something.

I called New York Rolex Service center and they said it is normal wear and tear and I should wait for it to get more scratch before
having it service and replace. I didn't expect it to be scratch and nick so easily and it suppose to be durable, if I known I would have
take good care of it.

The Rolex service center told me the cost to replace the crystal would be $100.00 USD (Does it sounds right?) and is it worth sending it in?

Does anybody have this type of damage on the watch and what are your experience with it?

Thanks all, this is my first Rolex and I am still learning alot...

That's not the dial or the "face". Thats the sapphire crystal. When some people say the "face" they are referring to the dial. Some people also call the crystal the "face". Just call it by the correct name, dial. Face is vague and inaccurate. Also, the crystal can scratch and break

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"-Oscar Wilde

"Never Allow Someone To Be Your Priority While Allowing Yourself To Be Their Option"-Mark Twain