View Single Post
Old 7 February 2024, 05:15 AM   #24
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffs View Post
Agree, loads of good info. Much appreciated. I have been to some of the ADs, so i will share where im at.

Some background, looking for a DJ41, fluted. Pref Green or Slate. Prefer Oyster. Always go into the AD dressed well, wearing my sub date. My wife has her DJ36. We bought both from UK AD's, which means little to the NYC AD's it seems.

My wife is trying to buy for me for our 10th anniversary. We are also celebrating 10 years in USA and have a baby on way in April, so a lot of reasons, i would hope, for AD to consider us "worthy" of spending over $10k with them!!!

Bucherer Bryant Park. Visited at the start of the year with wife. Greeted by a SA at the counter. Nice guy, but not the sit down and coffee. Registered interest and provided my model wishes. Makes me write info on a card, so who knows what they do with that!! I feel that location is way too busy and have too many tourists going in to really stand a chance. Obviously the tourists wont be put on waitlists, but because they are dropping in, locals dont get the full attention.

Wempe 5th Ave Visited early Jan solo. Nice SA. Gave her my wish list. She seemed very interested in spend history.

Bucherer 57th Again, went in early Jan solo. Struck up a good convo with a SA. She told me the best way is to text her. I texted her yesterday and find she has left. She told me to call the store. I did and another SA took my wish list. Will make sure to go in and meet the new SA.

WOS Dream Mall Really nice SA. My wife and i stuck up a good convo with her. She took my preferences. My wife pushed a little bit to see if there is anything to buy. She went away and came back with a mix metal DJ41 wimbledon, fluted, jubilee. Had to pass as yellow gold is just not for me. I would have taken it if full steel.

Londons at Short Hills Mall Great SA. Spent a lot of time with wife and I. She struck up a good vibe with my wife. Hopefull that this could be the place where we buy from.

I hope the call comes!!!

Sounds like you didn’t need any of my advice. You know the score. Do bring up the Anniversary and new baby. They love those stories. It could really help. I’m confident you will get the call, before too long.[emoji4]

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote