View Single Post
Old 7 February 2024, 06:44 AM   #28
RyanJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffs View Post
After how long?

A week, a month?

It just feels weird. I mean, if i was doing my job, i would get annoyed if someone kept coming back to say, "is it ready yet?".
Yes, it is weird. You either go secondary market or suck it up and play this stupid game. Rolex and their ADs will continue this game for as long as they can. Supply/Demand or Faked Supply/Demand... No one but the ADs know.

I moved to a new area and would like a new watch. I have been to the store 1 time (their grand opening) and called 1 time. I just cannot bring myself to be like everyone else who treats the Rolex AD like their favorite bar/pub. The SAs know exactly what you are doing. You don't have to ask them where your watch is as they totally know why people keep visiting.

When I was in there I could tell right away the people trying to schmooze. They were really forcing a convo with the SAs, trying way too hard and it was so obvious. Also, how many articles of Rolex swag is too much to wear/have at one time while in an AD? Wow was the experience cringe inducing..

Some funny behavior that I noticed:

1. People with their sleeves rolled up to make sure the watch can easily be seen on the wrist.
2. Looking at every other brand first pretending they don't just want to run to the Rolex counter.
3. Watching them then go to the Rolex section and not look at any popular models while pretending to browse the Day Dates and other precious metal models. I guess I could settle for a Submariner or a Daytona.
4. Asking the dumbest questions to pretend they are interested or making the silliest statements to prove they know something about the Rolex brand.
5. Wearing another brand and talking about how much you love that brand but thought you might try a Rolex for a change.
RyanJ is offline   Reply With Quote