View Single Post
Old 9 February 2024, 05:11 AM   #131
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Honestly you are lucky that you actually sold the Grand Seiko

Grand Seiko has absolutely plummeted in value and desirability over the last few months.

I was under the weather the other day and and spent some time submitting some watches for sale on some well known preowned dealers sites to see what they are "buying". Grand Seiko is either a HARD PASS or TRADE ONLY. You cannot get a dealer to give you CASH for one. They will not take one in inventory for CASH.

I think except for a few top models, the dealers are 100% out of the GS business.

Rolex, while softening a bit on secondary market, this means that you may get paid less than retail for some models, but they more than likely will generate a cash offer. Other brands? Nah. Back to nobody wanting them again..
I’ve been in the watch game for a long time and that is the most I’ve ever lost on a watch. Damn my impulse lol. You are correct though, many dealers were just straight up not interested in buying it. I contacted 6 of them and only 2 made offers. The highest offer was $3000 which was shocking as I thought the watch being only a few months old and still has most of the warranty would get me more than that. Never again!. My butt still hurts from it 😁
OTX is offline   Reply With Quote