View Single Post
Old 27 February 2024, 06:50 AM   #41
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
There has been some correction on the top 4 brands....Rolex, AP, Patek and RM..but they are still very popular and will continue to be...

What has not been mentioned (or the absence of mention is =) is the freefall into irrelevance that other brands have taken...especially Grand Seiko. Nobody is buying them and the preowned dealers are FINISHED with almost all their references. HARD PASS. No CASH NO TRADE. The party is over. Everything else is weak too. Can't say I'm surprised. These other brands (Omega, Panerai,GS, Breitling...etc) did themselves in by having big price increases and gross overproduction of models.
Actually What I'm Seeing is thats anything under $8k is where the market is moving still and Brands like OMEGA, Breitling and Others in that lower priced and hyped tier are actually moving!
Just look at the Grey Market dealers now pushing under the 10K non Grail (To me at least) Brands as mentioned above.
Consumers are NOW ASSIGNING INVESTMENT VALUE to Watches (THIS IS A NEW THING POST PANDEMIC! vs Buying watches because you love them! SO that means the value play is top in the mind of many buying time pieces and value retention is playing a role in new buying habits.
Buying a $3000+/- SpeedMaster on the Grey is actually a Value and sensible buy to me in this market vs a $7500+/- Rolex Sport model
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote