View Single Post
Old 8 March 2024, 12:43 AM   #1
Officers Match
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Datejust 16030
New here, 16030 original owner in Ohio

Well, it sometimes can take me a while to think about joining a place I know I will enjoy. I am the original owner of my one and only Rolex, and I'm just now finding out it is at least a little less than common.

Upon receiving my bachelor's degree from Ohio University in 1988 (yeah, I'm old), I bought myself a reward from Rogers Jewelry in Columbus, Ohio - a brand new Rolex Datejust that I'm just now finding out is a 16030. Mine has a jubilee band, black dial (not sure what the style is called, but it has an outer ring with roman numerals), and a sapphire crystal (seems most I've seen have been acrylic - wondering how common this is on a 16030?).

It has always been very well regulated, keeping nearly perfect time all these years. I have had it on my wrist nearly constantly, regardless of the task (I do a lot of home renovation, auto repair, motocross riding and firewood processing). The jubilee has stretched considerably over time, and I probably should see about getting it refurbished, but at the same time I love the authentic wear my watch shows.

Was going to post pics, but found out I have to have more post count to do so.
Officers Match is offline   Reply With Quote