View Single Post
Old 17 March 2024, 07:46 PM   #16
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Omega doesn’t have nearly the brand awareness that Rolex has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure that is correct. The speedmaster is the most famous chronograph in the world, ever!

I would have agreed that Rolex has more prestige.

Listen I love Rolex. I have loads of them. This idea that you shouldn’t buy the new white speedy because it will depreciate is what rattles me a little. I am just pointing out that nearly every Rolex you buy now at retail, will depreciate as well as soon as you leave the shop. Of course over time the retail price will go up which helps and as others on this thread have pointed out, this will happen to the white speedy as well. We shouldn’t however be feeding the myth that getting any Rolex is a cash cow and any omega is a poor choice. That just adds to the problem.

My boxing coach said to me 2 weeks ago, can you get me a Rolex as I need to spread my investments?! I spent 10 mins explaining to him where the watch market is. We landed on a Batman, as it’s clear he wanted a GMT anyway, and I will help him get one but I said on a few occasions he should be speaking to a financial advisor, not me!

Apologies if this has become a rant. I know a lot of you feel the same way as me and I know I am privileged to have the watches I have and enjoy the hobby the way I do. Omega have nailed this watch and the more people that buy it and appreciate it, the happier that makes me as a WIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote