View Single Post
Old 18 March 2024, 03:22 AM   #2
herefortheattachment
"TRF" Member

Are your scratches visible when wearing the watch, or only when looking at the back of it? IMO, these things happen, and I think they gave you fair compensation as long as it’s not a glaring issue when wearing the watch.

The staff at my OB (which doesn’t have technicians, only sales staff) are hit-and-miss about straps and link changes. I’ve had some do a great job, but others have done a number on my Omegas (all of which are screws, no pin and collar). They also never use loctite when resizing my links.

It is a perplexing shame that something so simple as a strap change or link resizing is not taught and drilled to perfection when these reps are handling brand-new, sentimental, multi-thousand dollar purchases. I finally taught myself how to do it after so many bad experiences and realizing I cared (and knew) more than these reps. At the end of the day, I wear my watches daily and expect them to have signs of use, so a few extra scratches don’t bother me. I may feel differently if it was a precious metal piece, though.
herefortheattachment is offline   Reply With Quote