View Single Post
Old 19 March 2024, 10:24 AM   #25
pendlepants
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master II
love this thread! a few of my (mostly Cartier) gold watches:

Yellow-gold Santos. Closest thing I have to a daily — near perfect IMO given its size, brushing on the bracelet taking the bling down a notch, and the quick swap system allowing it to be moved to a strap in a couple of seconds.

Yellow-gold Tank Normale. Most recent addition and a stunner. the bevel on the glass is hard to capture in photos and my only complaint is that it's got the epee hands and not the original breguet hands.

Rose-Gold/Lacquer Santos-Dumont. Another limited edition, and I love the way that lacquer has a distinctive sheen and also makes the gold a little less flashy. Best story with this one is the time I went to Lazy Bear in San Francisco with some friends (where there are two big dining tables) and I was seated next to someone wearing the same watch. Chances of it happening any time are rare, chances of it happening when you're wearing a limited edition of 250 are next to none.

Rose-Gold Tank Louis with Gray Geometric Dial. Not much of a watch for telling the time, but the way the various etchings catch the light is pretty compelling in-person. Love this one for work; it's low-key enough that nobody really catches it unless they know.

Yellow-gold Pasha de Cartier. The odd-duck in the collection. The grille is detachable, making it a much more respectable watch when needed. That said, I love the grille and I've had more comments on this watch than any other in this group. It's in need a clean, but is a really fun watch that fits more outfits than it should.

pendlepants is offline   Reply With Quote