Thread: Hi...
View Single Post
Old 29 March 2024, 10:09 AM   #1
Makalu69
"TRF" Member

Hi...

Hi - been lurking for a few weeks now - about time I said hello.

I'm a one Rolex guy... and a bucketful of Seiko's (a guilty pleasure)
I bought my GMT Master in 1999 from a Rolex dealer in Portugal whilst on holiday there. I still have their business card.

It's a very honest watch. I am the original purchaser and being a bit of a hoarder, I have kept both the watch and associated paraphernalia all in its original form. It’s a ‘A’ serial number ‘Swiss only’ Rolex Pepsi GMT Master. I wore it for probably 15 years or so before deciding to put it away for safe keeping. The red side of the bezel insert has faded a lot – the blue not much at all. It has 7 lugs on one side and 6 on the other – there is also a spare that came back with the service packet when I had it serviced by Rolex a couple of years ago. This was done through my local Rolex dealer and for some reason (foresight?) I gave them strict instructions that I did not want it polishing nor any parts replaced unless they were broken. I did want the strap tightening up though as it had become a bit loose and jangly. The edges remain crisp and almost sharp around the bezel – and it also has the scratches you would expect after 15 years of daily use.

Naturally I have all the original box and papers but the only thing I don’t have are the hang tags - the rectangular and circular ones – to be honest, I don’t even remember having received the rectangular one. It also came with a load of other various small books, brochures, cards etc as well as the Certificate. Love this thing but never wear it... will post an image once I get to ten posts!

Cheers,
J.
Makalu69 is offline   Reply With Quote