View Single Post
Old 30 March 2024, 07:03 AM   #20
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
The big party is over for GS. They did it to themselves, but some of these brands just can't get out of their own way in terms of marketing. Burned super bright and burned out super fast.

They committed the mortal sin in luxury watches. Too many LE watches, too much distribution and big price increases...all too fast. See Panerai and Hublot. Hot brands at one time that took a huge dump because they lost focus and wanted to capitalize on "success" with MORE. People like it so do MORE!!!!!!!!!! Wrong strategy.

This all happened within the last few months. I noticed watch resellers inventory on GS dwindling. I tried to sell one just for giggles. NO OFFER. Hard Pass.

The Shunbun was a super hot watch when it came out. It was supposed to be a USA only model and it held value well. But now it is everywhere and diluted by more and more models that look similar and then focus is lost.

I'd say if you have a watch you want NOW and have an offer on the Shunbun and are really bored of it, move on from it now while you still can.
Should be a a pinned post, as it is 100% GS truth.
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote