View Single Post
Old 30 March 2024, 06:05 PM   #11
vwc228
"TRF" Member

Have just picked up my first AP - the Jules AP Chrono (WG with ivory dial), ref. 26100BC.

The watch was discontinued about 10 years ago and they were never really that popular to begin with, but I just loved the vintage look of it. I've been hunting one down for sometime, waiting to find it at a reputable pre-owned dealer so I can purchase it comfortably. I finally did, and I have to say I'm in love with this watch. The size is perfect for me, and the fact that it's a somewhat un-AP AP makes it even more special.

This was my first AP (I own a number of other watches, from VC, Rolex, Moser and IWC) and still hoping to get more AP's but frankly from what I'm seeing from the AP boutiques that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I'm actually one of the few people that really loves the code (especially the beige 3 hander and chrono), and have been waiting for sometime now for the boutique to get one for me but to no avail. The irony is that I've found these brand new in reputable gray market dealers selling for 20% off MSRP (and that's without me even negotiating with them), but chose not to buy it as I'd like to build my profile with AP.

Heck, the AP boutique won't even sell me a new strap for my watch (which is a pretty standard black leather strap) - guess I'm on the waitlist for that too :)

I will probably end up picking up the code and then the RO chrono in the grey-market and call it a day with AP :(
vwc228 is offline   Reply With Quote