View Single Post
Old 31 March 2024, 11:48 PM   #34
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
I get the impression you hate Patek because of your posts.

I have never been offered any non-WT rare handcrafts despite my collection. Patek only made 40 of these rare handcrafts annually and each of the 300 ADs has a long interest list of customers who yearn for a rare handcrafts. My AD sell more MR than rare handcrafts and the rare handcrafts are used as a reward piece for customers who have collected many pieces and are bored with the catalogue. Truth is, even an big AD is not guaranteed 1 piece every year to sell to their MR customers.

The next time your AD offer you a copy of Rousseau or any rare handcrafts junks you dislike, can you please drop me a DM? I wish I have an AD like yours.
I think the grand exhibitions are a good chance to get an allocation. The NYC event a few years back I know a collector who got one of the “one off” pieces from it, he’s a way bigger collector than me by MILES and MILES. Unfortunately you need to be local to the region most likely with an AD that will really advocate on your behalf. Probably also helps to have done the factory tour with whomever is running their operations in that region so they know you personally when you apply for it.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote