View Single Post
Old 7 April 2024, 03:49 AM   #12
WatchThinker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post
My pleasure! And I love my 915 in a similar manner to you, based on your posts with it over the last few years on the various fora. Huge fan. [emoji106]

That’s why I think it’s wise to ask the very questions you’re asking. I don’t rock my 915 with a suit, but I have actually worn the 1371 on the black alligator strap with one. Still a casual watch for sure, but it worked fine for me with a less-dressy suit/button-down shirt/tie/longwings.

It’s def very comfy and gives that PAM vibe without the overpowering presence of the larger models. I think it’s more versatile than the SMP diver (which I also own in black/Sedna on rubber) for slightly dressier occasions as you suggested.

Between my 1371 and my 42mm sub bianco, I far prefer the latter. Both are very legible watches, which is an increasingly important factor.

Given that I rarely wear jackets much less suits/ties these days, I’m sort of questioning why I factor in workwear at all. But come to think of it, I also have a bunch of divers/casual watches that fulfill the same basic niche or role, which also makes little sense. Problem is, I like ALL the watches at the end of the day. [emoji2357]
So, Mick, I was reminded of and thinking about your post today, as I'm heading out to a family/social dinner that will contain some folk I haven't met before and, I think, a new person is a Watch-Sort or knows I like the hobby. It is unclear. I am looking at my watch box with some dismay. It isn't the right setting for a dress watch and anything approaching a "flex" would be terrible. I am wishing I had the 1271 in hand, it'd be perfect tonight.
WatchThinker is offline   Reply With Quote