View Single Post
Old 7 April 2024, 07:02 AM   #32
chimp98
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ Octa Lune
[QUOTE=vecca;13213560]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Ok, someone has to say it... Neither, as for $100k am sure you know you can do far better.

Part of the reason I posted the original question is because I am not a watch expert. I would welcome other options and suggestions.

Thank you
Can I ask why you picked PCC as the next watch? Is the calendar complication a hard requirement? I agree with all the comments so far, especially with the Dato being very top heavy and Patek's elegant case design. I think ALS has an edge on the movement design - I still get mesmerized every time looking at a Dato case back.

I have slowly shifted my collection over the years to smaller sized pieces for comfort. An example and something you may want to consider is instead of the Dato, have you looked at the 1815 Chrono? Essentially the same beautiful movement without the calendar complication but much more comfortable to wear. I traded in my first gen Dato for the first gen 1815 Chrono and I couldn't be happier since.

I never owned the 5270 but I have a 5170 which shares the same base movement. This is another permanent piece in my collection.PXL_20231202_220027353.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpgPXL_20231202_220124494.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg