View Single Post
Old 8 April 2024, 12:56 AM   #84
pessoa00
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
As has been mentioned Aquas and Nauts were not cool ten years ago and thus were selling at discounts, their prices were just too high for basic 3 hand SS watches compared to PM Rolexes etc. Now they are cool and everyone wants one, even the seasoned Euro aristocrat with a vast comps collection, whom PP always targeted in their ads then, not the film and pop and Insta stars whom were not interested back then but are now, and I am sure TS is loving all the attention.

So if he does make Aqua/Naut all or mostly gold he will still want a sports line to replace them and keep the overinterest/hype in the brand, esp with younger people in this Social Media age, no way is he wanting to go back to PPs being only for middle age aristos like before.

I doubt it will be anymore successful than the Code and will generally be disappointing so I don't think the Aq/Na will go all PM, there will still be a lot of SS pieces there to keep his hype train going.
Don’t remember the steel 5711 being ever readily available and sold at discount. At least not in my region. The Aqua is a different story though. It was always the ugly duck and only became hyped after the 5711 becoming impossible to get at the ad.

As I mentioned on my previous post I also think the move to PM of aqua and naut models is in preparation for the new line to be positioned bellow these.

Currently there are only 2 aqua models in stell (considering the 5167a and 1a basically the same model). And I wouldn’t be surprised if they hacked the 5968a next year as they already have 3 alternatives in PM.

Nautilus has a few more models in steel and I find it unlikely they’ll discontinue all at once, but I would see the 5726 and 5712 getting axed next year and their movements being transferred to the new collection.

All speculation of course, but I’m very curious to see how this will unfold.
pessoa00 is offline   Reply With Quote