View Single Post
Old 9 April 2024, 06:04 AM   #136
starship33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastie View Post
This is only recently true. Even as recent as like 2013-2015, SS sports models were sitting in display cases and could be had at retail for a 10-15% discount (and that was when MSRP was already low, for example 5711 was $26K). Don't believe me? Search the forum back then.

I think what would be smarter is for PP to reserve the Aquanaut line as a first-time watch for clients under 35 years old, available in SS, with reasonable MSRPs (under $30K for 5167a, under $40K for 5164a, under $50K for 5968a).

The goal should be for the brand to use SS sports watches as a "hook" to get younger clientele into the brand and then build them up in their purchase journey towards $100K+ grand comps.

AP does an incredible job of this with their pricing segmentation strategy. Their entry watches are all under $30K (41mm RO, Code 11.59 3-hander, ROO 3-hander). But by the time a client is purchasing their 3rd or 4th watch, it's a $60K+ one.
This comment is
It's exactly what I did in this exact order: 5167A at retail price, 5960/1A at retail price, 5712/1A at retail price and 5270P-014 at retail price.

However, and it was confirmed by PP Paris, this is almost impossible to do nowadays because if you want an Aquanaut/Nautilus you must at least have two or one (if you go straight to grand complication) purchase before even thinking about getting one sport watch. And not to be able to do that again is "not right". Doesn't make any sense in the end.
starship33 is offline   Reply With Quote