View Single Post
Old 10 April 2024, 05:00 AM   #6
CTech
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiclay View Post
... and to hear others’ thoughts (perhaps an opinion from CTech ?)
Sorry, I missed this until David's post today.

There are several differences between the OP's bracelet and the ones fitted to the 6611b watches. Some of them are subtle such as the soldering/sealing of the woven mesh where the bracelet end links meet the case and others are quite obvious such as the shape of the gold wire used for the weave.

The OP's bracelet seems to have a point at the top of the wire (as if it is woven from square or rectangular section wire) whereas the known genuine 6611b bracelets have flat tops to the wire, possibly because the bracelet has been passed through a roller system to give it a smoother finish.

I can't find any other examples that closely resemble either the style or method of manufacture of the OP's bracelet, so I'm of the opinion that the woven sections are aftermarket and have been joined to a genuine clasp.

The work looks to be of high quality and it appears to be a very well made bracelet so it is an attractive alternative to the President bracelets and I like the look of it regardless of its originality.
CTech is offline   Reply With Quote