View Single Post
Old 11 April 2024, 10:35 PM   #1
Oost
"TRF" Member

Honest with an AD

Hi all

So I have previously secured two pieces quite quickly with another AD where I also bought some other items from which we wanted and also used for some other services we needed.

Prior to this I had registered my interest in a Datejust with another (bigger high street AD…) and also the Yellow gold and Oystersteel GMT.

Just after the New Year and conveniently right after the price increase the bigger AD offered me a Datejust with a different dial. I politely declined and said I would hold out.

In between then and now I secured two other pieces, both exactly what I asked for and both within a couple of months.

Fast forward to yesterday and I got a call and email saying that the Yellow gold/oyster steel GMT was available to me, followed very quickly by “oops my colleague has offered this to someone else and I didn’t realise. I’ll let you know if anything changes”

Now I thought this was a perfect opportunity to update the situation with them and I told them to take me off for the Datejust and also that I had a change of heart on the yellow gold/steel GMT after I had literally seen it in person a couple of days before along with some other options.

I asked to change my choices to either the new Black/grey oyster steel GMT or Blue/black bezels. I know these are harder pieces to get, but given their mistake and the fact I’ve already had luck securing pieces I want I thought the right thing to do was just be honest as I’m not really interested in buying what I don’t want or wasting anyone’s time. I would 100% purchase those pieces if they were offered to me where I was 50/50 on the yellow gold one at the time.

Since then, have had no acknowledgment of this request. Do we think this AD will change my account to reflect my requests,or will they just look at me unfavourably now they know I have bought from elsewhere and changed my choices with them.

Should I just focus on the AD I have the relationship with and forget about these other guys moving forward? I thought it could be useful to have a couple of options, but just wondering your experiences and views on just being loyal to one and whether this could just be easier!

All opinions welcome. Thank you.
Oost is offline   Reply With Quote