View Single Post
Old 18 April 2024, 02:36 AM   #81
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchamatic View Post
I will be going to Europe next month, specifically Munich, Vienna and Prague. I was told that it is relative safe to wear a nice watch (Patek, Rolex, etc) in Munich but am not sure about Vienna or Prague. Anyone have experiences or heard watch theft stories in Vienna and Prague? Would an Omega Speedmaster or two tone Cartier Ballon Bleu attract attention in those place like a Rolex or Patek would? Not sure yet which watches to take but will bring a couple of them for sure…..
Munich seems pretty safe compared to other places mentioned in this thread. I run around in shorts and T shirt with some Patek all the time and hang out on the lakes and swim with my 5711. Never had a problem and exactly one person approached me and asked about the 5711 on my wrist in 5+ years and I have been wearing it all the time. There have been a few watch thefts in the city center, but single cases and not dozens or hundreds a month like in Paris or London. Granted, Munich is a lot smaller and home turf tends to feel safer than abroad which is the very reason for threads like this one.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote