View Single Post
Old 20 April 2024, 10:08 AM   #8
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfang56 View Post
Love them - they are a unique specialty of AP - and the fundamental difference vs other brands is the quality of the finishing.

I personally love the fact that they are indeed lighter, cooler, and way more scratch resistant than their metal versions - to the extent where watches worn heavily over 5 years don't look any different. I also enjoy that the black ceramic models are incredibly understated, and are not immediately recognizable.

And finally, they are incredibly rare birds. You definitely see your share of different metals, but ceramic versions are much more exclusive. I won't speculate what this means for the future in terms of value or novelty in the long term - but I love the fact that they will literally be in nearly pristine condition as long as I live - and while other watches look better as they age (vintage Rolex and Patek), I like that I have pieces which will stay modern to eternity. I know I might get flamed for this comparison - but it's nearly 100 years since Mies der Rohe created the Barcelona chair - and it still looks damn modern and luxurious.

Here are three black ones in the current family! Love them all :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are all yours?
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote