View Single Post
Old 22 April 2024, 04:54 PM   #13
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameAndWatch2018 View Post
It seems to still be a very opaque thing. I casually walked into a store last week expecting to order an oyster for my BLNR without any problems and got shut down immediately. They did some research and after a few days said that I could get the oyster but not jubilee (which I think has been the case for a while).

I mentioned the Hodinkee article and W+W announcement but it didn’t seem to matter. Maybe it’ll loosen up as word gets round and the new models arrive?
When both bracelets became available on the GMT Master in the UK in 2020 my AD told me that bracelet swaps would commence some time in 2021. I wasn't interested until mid 2022. When I enquired my AD said yes. Then they said no. Then they said maybe, then they said no. I contacted the London RSC who said yes. While I was waiting for my Jubilee to arrive at the RSC I spoke to my AD and asked if they would fit it if the RSC sent it to them. They said it was news to them and as far as they were concerned the bracelet swap was still not allowed.

Communication between Rolex and ADs got completely screwed up about this in the UK. My rule of thumb going forward is to get something in writing from a RSC, then either pull in the AD if I can or keep dealing directly with the RSC. I ended up going to London for my Jubilee which is no big deal but having my local AD do it (as they did for my TT Sky Dweller) would have been more convenient.

It might be different elsewhere. The picture in the UK was (and possibly still is) confused on this.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote