View Single Post
Old 24 April 2024, 05:42 AM   #1
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Incoming GMT BLNR!

Just picked up the black and blue this morning. The watch is amazing and my suspicion that it wears lighter than the Sub is accurate. The bracelet and clasp are so much more comfortable than my Submariner.

This is definitely a love at first sight situation. I did ask if I could buy the jubilee bracelet and they said yes, which is perfect to switch things up.

Now for the backstory:

If anyone was tracking my thread "AD updates", I was after a Sub since last February 2023 for a 40th birthday. I got the run around from an AD who I previously bought an engagement ring from. I eventually went grey and moved on from the whole waiting game.

This past January as I was watching my boys play in the basement, I got a spur of the moment idea to write a review about my experience. I get a call three hours later from the Store Manager. I explain the story to him and tell him I actually already got the Sub, he asks is there any other watch I was interested in and I immediately say the GMT BLNR.

The Store Manager says OK the next one is yours. I was skeptical they were going to deliver, but I got a call around Easter saying they haven’t forgotten about me and I will get the watch. I finally got the call this past Saturday saying a GMT will be arriving in Tuesday and it’s mine if I want it.

I’m shocked they delivered and I’m not sure what the morale of the story is but I’m over the moon with this watch.

Pictures will be posted soon.
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote