View Single Post
Old 24 April 2024, 09:51 AM   #24
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
I doubt any AD gets 50 watches per month. More like 20 for a big AD and down from there. There is a reason why SS sports Rolex sell for a premium used. It is because supply to ADs is very limited and is far outpaced by demand. There was a time when cases were generally full and only when watches were sold Rolex would send more watches, So an AD that did not sell a lot of watches did not have much coming in, just enough to keep the case full and no more. When all the cases emptied, supply could not begin to keep up.
I am sorry you don’t believe that but the Boutiques in the US get lots more than that. At one time there were four tiers of dealers in the US, I suspect the lowest is effectively gone. I’m sure the Covid/hype years have forever changed how Rolex treats their dealers and bigger is better seems to be the theme.
In late 2019, I heard from two sources that the biggest volume dealers in the US for that year were the Boutiques of Wempe New York, Geary’s Santa Monica, and Deutsch’s Houston. If you know the markets in those cities, it makes perfect sense.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote