View Single Post
Old 25 April 2024, 10:12 AM   #33
Modiferous
"TRF" Member

STOLEN Rolex Platinum Day Date Ref. 228206 Serial 288746F1

What this guy does is work reverse discrimination in his favor. I have spoken at length to other victims and would be victims (ones who were targeted and for one reason or another ended up not meeting with the guy), and all of us are upset of course because we were victimized and robbed, but also because of the fact that this guy like it or not, gives people a reason to be wary of any African American who contacts us wanting to buy a watch, especially one who wants to meet in person - and that's his fault, not ours.

Obviously not one of us who was victimized is prejudiced or else we wouldn't have met with the guy in the first place. Race had nothing to do with anything.

Let's face it though - if I had read someplace on RolexForums or elsewhere about an African American Rolex Robber before this guy contacted me, I wouldn't have been robbed. Not because I would have hung up the phone right then and there, but because it would have clicked first along with other details.

I don't think it is any different from putting out there a detailed description including race of a serial killer, to protect the community.
Modiferous is offline   Reply With Quote