Thread: Polish or no ?
View Single Post
Old 25 April 2024, 10:15 PM   #20
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
If you want it to look like new again then you will let Rolex do their regular service per the website.

If not, and you're happy with its current condition then you'll give "no polishing" instructions and the watchmaker gets a longer lunch hour (or two).

My question is whether any of us really like unboxing a brand new Rolex to find it in 5y.o. condition with swirls, scratches, and hazy bright spots. And before you say that's a horse of a different color - it's not. It doesn't matter if I put them there or Rolex did.

Maybe the CPO program should put in their program a "distressed pre-owned" lineup.

Nothing but "no polish" models that are perfect inside and not on outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I hear what you’re saying Paul.

I guess I based my comments on Jays wearing habits. As above he said he wears the watch “very hard”.

In my mind, why remove any metal and why would he polish the watch only to have it looking fairly worn in a very short period of time? I guess he’d get a month or two of “like new condition” out of it.

Overall I’m not anti polish, however I do think each owner has their unique wearing habits that make it worth while or not so much
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote