View Single Post
Old 26 April 2024, 05:45 AM   #94
Modiferous
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan39 View Post
Wow this is nuts. I talked to this guy late last year when I was selling a Daytona. He found me on TRF and then we texted and chatted on the phone couple different times over several days. He talked about his father's Daytona that he inherited and wanted to add another one to his collection and wanted to make sure mine wasn't polished. He was going to "fly in" from Vegas to do the deal. He also wanted to meet at a crappy jewelry store to get "authenticated" and then wanted me to follow him to his bank. I told him to just bring cash to the jewelry store and we would do the transaction there. He kept trying to convince me that we would need to go to a second location to finalize. Spidey senses were telling me something was off and I didn't move forward with the deal. Forgot all about it until reading this post. The safest way to sell a watch nowadays is to work only with a trusted dealer on here or locally. It's just too much risk to deal with a random stranger.

*edited to add (I found our text thread with the same ID and included here)
Yes when he initially contacted me on RolexForums he used the username
Ls702
and email
Ls702raiders@gmail.com

which means that he is open to pretending that he is in Las Vegas. But for most of his victims and intended victims he claims to be in Northern California.

I suppose that claiming to be too far from Northern or Southern Cal creates the issue of why the hell anyone would come much farther than that to see a watch.
Modiferous is offline   Reply With Quote