View Single Post
Old 26 April 2024, 06:01 PM   #7
Disannex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Although we can never actually know, it is likely that a factory serviced watch would be a better choice over a non-factory serviced watch if they are at the same price point and year.

"Better choice" is entirely subjective, but I would take the factory service watch, all else being equal. I might not make that choice without absolute proof of this factory service.
Regarding the authenticity of the watch and proof of the servicing (plus replacement of glasses, watch strap, and polishing), he sent me the document of quotation from Tag Heuer showing what has been done to the watch and the serial number on the quotation matches the serial number on the watch and the warranty card. Don't worry, I have contacted the boutique listed on the quotation and confirmed that it is correct and genuine.

This is a description by Tag Heuer pf the watch before it got serviced (translated from french)
"The watch shows signs of normal wear and tear. The movement is not sufficiently lubricated to ensure proper functioning. To guarantee waterproofing, the seals must be replaced every two years. The glass is scratched. The bracelet is worn. The estimated repair time is 9 weeks (except for vintage models) from the date of receipt of your approval and subject to availability of spare parts. This quote is non-binding and only covers the works expressly mentioned. Any additional intervention that could not be foreseen at the time of this quote's issuance must be approved by the client. Offer validity: 3 months. Best regards, your after-sales service team

I have written the same post on Watchuseek forum, and everyone there also prefers the 7-year serviced watch over the 2-year unserviced watch. Does that mean that the movement in the 7-year-old is most likely in better condition than the 2-year-old watch, assuming that the 2-year-old watch has normal signs of wear? That's basically what I want an answer to. I want to find out if I should wait until there is hopefully a used 2022 watch for sale at this price, or buy the fully serviced 7-year-old watch with replacement of glass and bracelet and polishing of case right now
I was very unlucky a few days ago. Shortly ago I came across the same watch, but from 2023, still under manufacturer warranty until January 2025, from a well-known 5-star professional seller on Chrono24 for 1629 euros (with free insured shipping). But I took too long to decide because I thought the offer was too good to be true and before I knew it, the watch was sold. The possibility of getting such a good deal again is very small.
I don't want the same thing to happen with this watch, so I want to find out if it's a good purchase before it's too late. At the moment I can see on Chrono24 that the watch from 2022-2024 is much more expensive than 1700Euros.
I forgot to mention that the watch I'm looking at is the Day-Date 41mm model and not the cheaper 39mm model
Disannex is offline   Reply With Quote