View Single Post
Old 26 April 2024, 11:24 PM   #15
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like the concept of the open floor plan and expansive space. In practicality, every time I visit someone who has this, I am less than impressed. I prefer rooms with defined walls and reasonable ceilings, 9-10 feet. I prefer personal privacy, if it is so desired, and many of the open concepts are inviting but in practicality maximize noise and chaos, to me. I always think about heating and cooling these large open spaces with high ceilings and wonder how you can get it done efficiently. My living situation is far from ideal with a 90 year old brick, two story, Georgian style home. I have 9 and 10 foot ceilings, hallways that could make up another room and a kitchen that was made to serve a small army with food and seating. I also have a formal dinning room, breakfast room, music room and a detached apartment that I have turned into a man cave. In the next few years we will be empty nesters and have looked around at moving into one of the spaces pictured and described above. Maybe, but it will be difficult to find the right space for us. I do like the pictures and can appreciate what other have and like but the pragmatist in me has a tendency to come out when looking at houses, watches, cars, etc.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote