View Single Post
Old 27 April 2024, 01:13 PM   #40
Radbloke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy123 View Post
On a less tongue in cheek note the Daytona is a nice watch , but the reality is never quite as good as the pictures I often see. I'd also hoped the pop of red would be more visible in the same way that the blue font is on my slate YM. And eff me if at 55 those subdials are almost unreadable. Not sure it's a keeper. Mind you things tend to grow on me.

I actually mostly wore my Linde Werdelin dive watch, didnt want to scratch. The new aquisition mucking around in the pool with the kids. Did that a few years ago with my week old yachtmaster, not that I really mind scratches.

Out of the 5 ive got I'd say they all have their place, but agree with Kat the Bluesy suited the trip better.

Fiji was fun. Quick 2.5 hour hop for me. Was quite suprised at how many Americans there were floating around, I tend to think of Fiji as a destination for Australasians. Some bloke from LA was wearing a nice 5 digit pepsi and an Aussie a huge AP, outside of that not many watches at all, which suprised me because the resort was turbo posh. Maybe only old people like me wear watches now.

Kids had a good time. Son came with me to collect my watch before we flew which was nice.
Na that was like 20 years ago, when it was relatively similar to Bali. Now it's just a mad-dog expensive resort shop trying to compete with French Polynesia and doing their best to dissuade the poors.
Radbloke is offline   Reply With Quote