View Single Post
Old 28 April 2024, 12:38 AM   #54
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
I have a pool and a hot tub in my backyard so always stuck with "diver" style watches or anything with a screw down crown and at least 100M WR. I used to own a DJ41 briefly and it took daily dips in the pool without a single issue.

And I'm also a "date" guy. Hence why I've never bothered with speedy (nor daytona) in the first place. I've handled it at AD's and like the speedy but due to reasons above, I'll never own it. If I itch for a white dial, I'd rather get the polar Exp2. Speedy only has a single gasket on the non screw down crown giving that 50m WR....and no gaskets on the crown pushers. A accidental push on the crown or failed gasket and watch is RIP in a feet of water.

At $8k, it just becomes a "dress" chrono. If I want a dress chrono, I'd rather get IWC as they pretty much rule in the dress watches segment with some terrific dial designs.
I think world of AND.

I have the new white speedy on order entering a collection with:

Breitling Heritage B09 pistachio - great dial but very thick, deployant feels cheap (switch to tang), and the pusher feel on start is MEH.

IWC Portuguese Classic Chronograph Laureus IW390406 - Nothing bad to say about this. Haven’t worn in years. Wore it one time to a party my friend threw, he’s a collector, and he seemed to like this one and spent a while inspecting it.

Patek 5960/1A-001 - Great watch, amazing complications for the money and one day people will recognize the value, especially the black dial. Chrono pushers feel much better than cheaper pieces.

Speedmaster 1957 Trilogy Limited - I immediately put this on a NATO for some reason when I got it and kept it like that. A great watch but haven’t worn it in a while.

Had two different Daytonas and sold both of them. At this point considering maybe Platona or a PM ROC.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote