Dave O
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
OMG!!!

you just solidified my decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
I wish they went back to the older design with the hidden clasp or the current DD one. yeah no micro adjust but to get around that they only need to make 4 extra links in varying lengths ie 5mm 6mm 7mm 8mm & a 9mm one would do the trick to get perfect fit.
The odds of the center strip falling off is minuet. The one posted in this thread is the only one I have ever seen and it was posted nearly 5 years ago. If it were an issue you would be seeing many more posts about it here on TRF. The odds of you getting in a car accident are much more likely than the gold strip falling off but I bet you still drive.

This one off incident shouldn't deter you from getting a TT watch. And there is no reason for Rolex to get rid of the current clasp as it simply isn't an issue and offers fine adjustments that the DD bracelet does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toptimes View Post
Yes, some current two tone models have a clasp that is gold plated in the middle, it gives a nice contrast and adds a touch of elegance to the watch.
I could be mistaken, but I don't believe Rolex does gold plating anymore on the center strip of the clasp. It's solid gold and then adhered to the SS part of the clasp.
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote