View Single Post
Old 30 April 2024, 12:42 PM   #90
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
I think these threads often dissolve into people quoting internal practices within their specific AD and extrapolating it out as a Rolex Corp policy applying to all ADs when it’s really just their store.

I also think the deposit is just to get the potential buyer to put some skin in the game. Many states (including CA) you cannot hold the deposit if the customer changes their mind and must refund on demand, or some reasonable time if the customer asks for the deposit back before delivery. I know my AD has never accepted deposits, or at least not in the last five years I have worked with them. I’ve actually offered to put up a deposit to quicken delivery and they said there was no point.

It’s also possible things are changing with ordering and the non-hype watches (like a DJ) are becoming available to order. Definitely possible. But these deposit policies are surely limited to that specific store and not a Rolex policy being applied to all retailers.

I think it is a Rolex policy, because Rolex stopped it for several months , not that long ago, but have since reinstated it, based on posts from people who live in different parts of the US. I know my AD, in CA, uses it.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote