View Single Post
Old 1 May 2024, 05:27 AM   #142
Scholar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by East of Eden View Post
And I’m sure many Mercedes fanboys denied the problems.
I'm sure! Unfortunately posts from older than 2007 on the main Mercedes forum got lost, but as of 2007 it seems the community pretty much agreed that generation was crap. So in that sense they're beating 'us' because that's 7 years into the crap cars whereas we're 9 years into 32-series and the fanboy response is still the predominant one.

Of course the best, if less consequential, example of this phenomenon is right here where people were claiming the non-magnifying Cyclops was a deliberate design change, rather than a manufacturing error.

Rolex's first acknowledgment of the problem? Not an apology to customers, but the removal of language talking about magnification from the Cyclops description on the website… It would be a few years before they'd officially acknowledge it (in the form of fixing the manufacturing, of course, not actually openly stating their mistake.)

We can hope that they're coming up with something new behind the scenes, but they seem perfectly content to keep throwing out these 32-series lemons. Not unlike how Apple had the ticking time bomb butterfly keyboard Macs for about 5 years, which would inevitably go wrong even if kept in the best of conditions, and for which they announced a 'quality program' (i.e. basically replacing the whole thing) whenever that happened, within four years of purchase. I made use of that program at least four times, then traded in the ticking time bomb laptop back to them for the new (actually fixed) model.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote