View Single Post
Old 4 May 2024, 12:07 AM   #1
milgauss123
"TRF" Member

Advice for collector strategy

Hello,

I have two Rolex Milgauss 116400GV black dial watches. I purchased both myself from authorized Rolex dealer, and both have full box and documentation.

The first one, I purchased in 2012 and I am still wearing it. The second one, I purchased last year, few days before the announcement of discontinuation, and I never wore it.

I am planning to put one of my watches inside my safe and leave it to my newborn son, with the anticipation that it might be a valuable collection item 30 years from now.

I have some questions:

1. Do you think that this model is likely to be a valuable collector item in the future? Do you think that it is a good investment decision to not sell one of them now and keep it in a safe?

2. Would it make a big difference in terms of future worth that I keep the watch unworn, or can I wear it from time to time? If it will not make a big difference, then I might sell the 2012 watch and keep only the 2023 one.

3. As a general question: When storing watches for a long period of time, is it a wise idea to wind it up from time to time?

Thank you very much!
milgauss123 is offline   Reply With Quote