View Single Post
Old 4 May 2024, 04:42 AM   #10
vinny84
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
I think you've through it through and came up with the right answer.
I think so too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
Tough one, I'm not really a fan of any of the 3 watches involved.

Purely from a functional perspective, you will be one watch down, you will no longer have a GMT and overall you are losing A LOT of water resistance! But, the AP is a chrono so at least you are adding a complication to the collection.

If I was you, I would prefer to look for a time only regular Royal Oak, a much nicer watch than the Offshore, IMO.
Those were thoughts I took into consideration as well. I will be down a watch but adding a chrono and a HH piece. So that's where my conclusion leads to trading them. Now I have an excuse to add another GMT down the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Are you gravitating away from bracelet watches? I have a equal amount of bracelet and strap watches and they both have their advantages.
I am very much a fan of lightweight comfortable luxury watches. Its a unique characteristic few have. I would let the JC go but not your BLNR. In my mind your collection would be much more stronger and diverse adding the AP and just trading the one.
Not trying to gravitate away from bracelets but my next piece will very likely be another bracelet. My idea is that I will be wearing my bluesy most of the time I go out or my Omega when I want to fly low key. The AP will be my fun/weekend watch really. Not sure I will miss any of the SS pieces for now. After owning a DD and now my bluesy, I am getting use to gold on my Rolex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000-NJDEVILS View Post
Very good deal for you!
You’re giving up $33K of SS Rolexes to get about $37K of a premier Ti APP ROO…..
Wise move!
Please post pix of your new incoming grail watch>
Thank you! In reality, I am going through what I paid retail at my AD and what the dealer got the AP for and I think it's a pretty good trade off! Excited to get my first big piece and will definitely be posting an incoming on the AP side!
vinny84 is offline   Reply With Quote