View Single Post
Old 6 May 2024, 04:59 AM   #11
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
Well said

It's a put down or downright condecending on a number of levels as if one has some kind of mental or emotional deficiency.
Those that put COSC specs forward as an acceptable standard that anyone that hasn't got any of the above deficiency issues possibly could be able to look at it from another perspective.
What would they say about their COSC watch movement if it was running 20 or 30 seconds or in some cases even more seconds per day slower than the COSC specs and getting progressively worse when they paid serious $s for the watch and they full well know they could've bought a Seiko or some other brand at a similar price point straight out of a jeweller anywhere down the road and at a discount(without the wait list/expression of interest palava) and get better overall performance
We all know now that in some cases the timekeeping can start out just fine and in accordance with reasonable expectations then quite rapidly decline until it falls of a cliff.
If the watch isn’t working right to the point where it bothers me I would send it for service. If it can’t be reasonably corrected then I’d sell or trade it.