View Single Post
Old 6 May 2024, 01:58 PM   #2
LugholeChris
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac13 View Post
Hi,

I am looking to purchasing my first (and probably only) Rolex watch. I have a limited budget and could probably stretch to a newish Air King. However, After looking carefully I would really like to own a Rolex air-king 5500 Arabic dial. In my view this vintage watch looks amazing and I understand also that this model has an interesting history. Can anyone offer me advice on what i should be looking for and potential Companies or WEB sites that potentially I could find a suitable watch. Ideally, I want the best and original air-king 5500.

Appreciate any help and advice.

Regards
Good day.

Good choice on a classic watch.

My wife has a 5500 from 1969, and it really has a beautiful character to it. Would highly recommend that you try different eras/decades to see what vibe you like the most. The older ones wear quite a bit smaller than the newer ones, both on account of the case width and bracelet type.

Things to look out for are of course the movement's condition and the general state of the case. Would def take it to a professional for an opinion before buying, seeing as how it is your first Rolex.

Sendt fra min SM-G781B med Tapatalk
LugholeChris is offline   Reply With Quote