View Single Post
Old 11 May 2024, 06:31 PM   #46
unsprung
"TRF" Member

The christies website is still down. Seems to be a bigger problem. As I saw the website degrading over time, it seems like a hack or virus to me. But that‘s just a guess. I just hope my personal data didn‘t get leaked.

It‘s been my first auction of the kind ever, so it was still a fun experience. I followed the live stream on youtube (which of course had delay, so my phone bidding wasn‘t in sync with the stream). I went in not expecting to get a watch, as I know that there‘s a certain type of bidders willing to spend much more on these than I am, if they really want a watch. On one of the lots I actually went into a 1 vs 1 bidding „war“ at the end, but was the one to drop out. The price was way above estimate, so I do not have regrets passing on it. On the other hand I asked myself afterwards, if he would‘ve dropped out, if I would‘ve raised just one more time, haha.

What I‘m really sad about is the trilobe. It wasn‘t my favorite watch of the show, but I would have bid more than the 17k it achieved and it came up after the lots I was interested in, so I would‘ve known of not getting those at the time of bidding.
unsprung is offline   Reply With Quote